Orientation is the beginning of your journey at UMass Boston. It is a new study environment, in a new country and a new way of life.
What Will Happen at Orientation?
UMass Boston Navitas Global Student Success Program (GSSP) in conjunction with the University of Massachusetts Boston hosts a series of activities and programs so you can have an efficient transition to a degree program.
- You will receive information about the UMass Boston Navitas GSSP and your academic curriculum
- Meet the UMass Boston Navitas GSSP staff, students and new friends
- Be introduced to a range of offices, services, and facilities available to you as a student
There will also be information sessions concerning academic and progression requirements, accommodation, employment, safety and health insurance all designed to help you settle in to your new environment.
Most importantly, orientation ensures that you are prepared to start your semester. You will meet your advisors, take placement exams, register for your courses, and receive your student ID. card.
What Do I Need to Bring?
- UMass Boston Navitas GSSP Offer Letter
- University’s Letter of Acceptance
- I-20 form
- Original copies of your immunization records
- Diploma or proof of high school graduation – Original copy of your diploma and transcripts
- For graduate students: Official transcripts and diploma have to be in a sealed envelope
- Address details for where you will be staying in Boston
What Are the Dates and Where Do I Go?
Detailed orientation dates and locations will be shared with you prior to the start day.