In addition to our excellent value, a variety of scholarships are available to you. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more.
Global Student Success Award of Excellence
The UMass Boston Navitas GSSP is committed to helping you achieve your academic and professional goals. To recognize outstanding academic achievement and university engagement, the UMass Boston Navitas GSSP provides a limited number of merit-based scholarships each semester to continuing students who maintain their enrollment in the GSSP. Scholarship applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and commitment to fostering intercultural understanding through their active engagement within the university community to be eligible.
The scholarship award amount may vary and it may partially or fully cover the cost of a single course and/or a few courses within the given semester. The scholarship award is equivalent to one academic semester’s fees (up to five academic subjects). Any additional costs, including travel or material such as books or equipment required as part of the program will be recipient’s responsibility.
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received a UMass Navitas GSSP scholarship or bursary from a partner institution, or had a scholarship or bursary from a UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution withdrawn.
- The scholarship applies to the second semester of enrollment only or the final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses/subjects undertaken.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study or final semester of study for undergraduate/postgraduate programs to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or UMass Boston Navitas GSSP partner institutions in any circumstances.
- UMass Boston Navitas GSSP partner institutions reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study.
- Commitment to fostering intercultural understanding demonstrated through active engagement within the university community.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account
Notification of results
The scholarship panel will announce the recipients of the academic merit scholarship upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by email and the successful students posted on the college/campus website.
Students are not required to complete a separate scholarship application as it is awarded based on academic performance and ALL students are eligible. Simply complete the UMass Boston Navitas GSSP application form to be considered.
The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for up to 8 units of study within one program only with a UMass Boston Navitas GSSP partner institution. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken and excludes mixed English options.
Family Bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study at a UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution. The first family member can be studying at a UMass Boston Navitas GSSP partner institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution previously.
The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution. Not have previously received a UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from a UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution withdrawn.
For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
Successful recipients will not receive any money from the UMass Boston Navitas GSSP partner institution. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student’s account each semester of study. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken. UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution bursary is not applicable to English language program or any component of any English language program offered by UMass Navitas GSSP partner institutions.
UMass Navitas GSSP Bursary Partner Institutions
The bursary applies to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, Deakin College, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, Griffith College, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe Melbourne, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, LBIC, NIC, PUIC, PIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, FAU GSSP, UMass Boston Navitas GSSP, UMass Dartmouth Navitas GSSP, UMass Lowell Navitas GSSP, UNH GSSP, UC College, UCIC, UNIC, Western Sydney University International College, and Western Sydney University – Sydney City Campus.
A completed application must be submitted to the UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application form can be obtained from the UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution where the student has enrolled.
All terms and conditions are correct as at 10 January 2018 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the UMass Navitas GSSP partner institution or Navitas Ltd.