Total Estimated Cost of Attendance 2020/21
Semesters include September 2020, January 2021 and May 2021
* Students will be charged per credit hour; actual cost may be higher or lower depending on specific course choices. Tuition, fees and charges are subject to change.
**Estimated tuition is calculated based on 30 credit hours.
***The Academic English component of the Undergraduate Navitas GSSP is delivered through UMass Boston’s Academic Support Programs. As part of the Academic English, as needed, students enroll in the lower level English ESL100A, ESL100B, ESL100C (2020/2021 combined cost of $5,158), and higher level courses ESL 100D, ESL 100E charged at an additional cost calculated on per credit hour basis. Academic English courses, in general, do not carry academic credit towards the degree, but are required for students with lower English placement scores.
****The pre-college ESL program is also available through UMB’s on-site ESL Program.
^ Fees and charges listed are current in 2020 and will be subject to increase in 2021. Fees do not include accommodation or meals.
Program fees include:
- Tuition and orientation program
- Full access to UMass Boston facilities (campus center, library, athletic center, computers, health services, etc.)
- Participation in UMass Boston students clubs and associations
- UMass Boston academic and career advising, housing, international student advising, IT services and other services available to all students on campus
In accordance with the State of Massachusetts’ Qualifying Student Health Insurance Program, all UMass Boston students must carry health insurance. Therefore, if you do not have health insurance under another plan with ‘comparable’ (that is equal or better) cover, you must buy the UMass Boston Student Health Insurance Plan.
Please note, the following does not meet the state criteria for ‘comparable’ insurance coverage:
- Foreign (international) health insurance cover
- Uncompensated Care Pool (free care)
In addition to your tuition and other fees, you will need approximately US$12,000 to US$15,000 to meet your living expenses each year. Typical expenses include accommodations, meals, books, stationery, transportation, utilities, telecommunications, recreation and entertainment. These will vary according to your individual requirements.