Total Estimated Cost of Attendance 2020/21
Semesters include September 2020, January 2021 and May 2021
* Students will be charged per credit; actual cost may be higher or lower depending on specific course choices. Tuition, fees and charges are subject to change.
** Based on 30 credits.
*** The ESL program and Academic English component of the Undergraduate Navitas GSSP are delivered through UMass Boston College of Advancing and Professional Studies.
^ Fees and charges listed are current in 2020 and will be subject to increase in 2021. Fees do not include accommodation or meals.
Program fees include:
- Tuition and orientation program
- Full access to UMass Boston facilities (campus center, library, athletic center, computers, health services, etc.)
- Participation in UMass Boston students clubs and associations
- UMass Boston academic and career advising, housing, international student advising, IT services and other services available to all students on campus
In accordance with the State of Massachusetts’ Qualifying Student Health Insurance Program, all UMass Boston students must carry health insurance. Therefore, if you do not have health insurance under another plan with ‘comparable’ (that is equal or better) cover, you must buy the UMass Boston Student Health Insurance Plan.
Please note, the following does not meet the state criteria for ‘comparable’ insurance coverage:
- Foreign (international) health insurance cover
- Uncompensated Care Pool (free care)
In addition to your tuition and other fees, you will need approximately US$12,000 to US$15,000 to meet your living expenses each year. Typical expenses include accommodations, meals, books, stationery, transportation, utilities, telecommunications, recreation and entertainment. These will vary according to your individual requirements.