UMass Boston Navitas GSSP
T: +1 (617) 287 5794
UMass Boston students are required to have a valid F-1 visa in order to begin studies. The visa must be obtained before leaving your home country.
Schedule a practice visa interview
We can help by conducting a practice visa interview session with you. Submit your information below and we'll also provide you with a free Top 10 visa interview tips prep guide to download.
Need help with your visa?
If you’ve applied to UMass Boston with the help of an agent, they will gladly assist you with the visa application as well.
If you’ve applied directly to UMass Boston without the help of an agent, you have two options:
- Seek the assistance of an agent
- As each country has different visa requirements, consult the Office of Visa Services, in the Consular Affairs Bureau, Department of State for more information.
Some of the common documents required by the U.S. Consulate are as follows:
- UMass Boston Navitas GSSP Letter of Offer
- UMass Boston Letter of Acceptance
- UMass Boston proof of payment (official receipt)
- An I-20 Form
- SEVIS fee payment receipt
- Proof of funds to support your stay in U.S.
- Valid passport and photocopy of passport information page
- Two photos meeting U.S. visa requirements
Depending on the country, additional documents may be required. To find out more about your Embassy’s additional requirements, please click here.
Don’t delay! Visa applications can take anywhere from a week to months to get approved. For a list of average processing times by country, please click here.
Did you know?
New students with approved visas get first priority for course registration. Make sure you apply for your visa early to get into the classes you desire!